So your sex life isn’t all that crash hot. In fact it might actually be non-existent. Your libido (or your boy’s) might be low and things just, well, aren’t happening in the bedroom. Sound like you? Here’s a few tips to improve your stagnant bedroom life and get some action!
The Good Sex Diet
1.Eat oysters. I'm sure you’ve probably all heard that oysters are an aphrodisiac, and for good reason. They contain high amounts of zinc and zinc is required not only for your immune system, metabolism and digestion but for hormone regulation in both males and females, increasing libido and testosterone levels in men. Zinc is also essential for fertility, growth and repair (not just for sex drive) so you want to make sure you’re getting enough! Not an oyster fan? Zinc is found in heaps of foods including canned fish, red meat, pork, chicken, eggs, hard cheeses, nuts and wholegrains. Eat up and get naked! Oh and a random fact for you - a male actually ejaculates zinc in their semen so it is essential they keep their reserves up for libido and healthy sperm!
2. Eat bananas. Yep these phallic fruits also help your performance in the bedroom. Bananas contain the enzyme bromelain which can help reverse impotence and increase libido. They also contain potassium and Vitamin Bs, which are great for increasing energy (which you’ll need!)
3. Eat chocolate. Don't you love it when I tell you to do that!? Not just any chocolate, good quality dark chocolate, preferably made from raw cacao for the added benefit of being super high in antioxidants. Chocolate contains the enzyme theobromine which is a stimulant, and phenylathylamine, which is a chemical that gives us that feeling of ‘being in love’. I don't think you need anymore encouragement than that.
4. Eat avocados. Not only are they full of healthy unsaturated fats that are good for your heart and therefore good for your bedroom stamina, they were also referred to as the ‘testicle’ fruit by the Aztecs because of their shape. If that doesn't turn you on I actually don't blame you! But it’s food for thought, so to speak.
5. Eat almonds. These little nuts are even shaped like ovaries! Almonds are known to increase passion in women and act as a sexual stimulant. Eat them raw or activated for best benefits.
And here are a few things you can do outside of the kitchen...
The Good Sex Lifestyle
1. Relax. Sex is an amazing tension tamer in itself (ever noticed how your guy falls asleep after sex!?) but if you’re too stressed out you’re probably not even going to be up for it to start with. Start including meditation in your life (just 10 minutes a day is helping me relax and calm my mind clutter) and yoga is great for stretching and getting flexi in the bedroom, as well as relaxing and taking your mind off the daily grind (pardon the pun).
2. Exercise.Not only does it release endorphins so you’ll feel better about yourself and have a happier outlook, you’ll also become more body confident and your new found stamina will certainly be approved of in the bedroom. Plus exercise decreases stress levels, making you feel more relaxed both in and out of bed.
3. Wear red. Studies show that women feel sexier when they’re wearing red, so get yourself some red underwear, a cute red dress or apply a little red pout and boost your confidence. Besides, confidence is the real reason behind sex appeal after all.
Pip is Health Editor and blogger for Flamingo Pink. To read more go to www.flamingopink.com.au